Steven A. Medina
Mr. Medina is known not only for his presence in the courtroom, but also for the high-quality attention and responsiveness he provides to his clients. His outstanding preparation and knowledge of the law, combined with his friendly and down-to-earth demeanor, is what sets him apart from many other attorneys practicing today.
“I appreciate that our firm takes on strong cases that impact people’s lives. I am proud to help my clients solve the problems that matter most to them, and to help them through some of the most difficult challenges they face.”
Mr. Medina is well-versed and experienced in all aspects of civil litigation, but focuses his practice on personal injury, medical malpractice, and civil rights matters. Throughout his career, he has obtained more than $20 million on behalf of clients. Some of his notable recoveries include:
- $11.9 million verdict for the wrongful death of a man who committed suicide while being held in county jail. As part of the trial team, Mr. Medina helped to secure a landmark jury verdict that resulted in a finding that medical staff and the private correctional healthcare company servicing the jail were both negligent and deliberately indifferent to the man’s serious medical needs.
- $4.5 million settlement for a 91-year-old man from Philadelphia who was run over by dump truck while grocery shopping with his son. Mr. Medina’s involvement helped lead to the successful resolution of the case without the need for a costly jury trial.
- $600,000 settlement (representing the maximum recoverable amount under law) against a transit company in Northeastern Pennsylvania for an accident that resulted in death. Mr. Medina assisted trial counsel by taking and defending depositions, making court appearances, and drafting pleadings and settlement documents.
Education and Background
Mr. Medina earned his bachelor’s degree from the State University of New York (SUNY) at Albany and his law degree from Temple University’s James E. Beasley School of Law. During law school, he was a staff member of the Temple Political and Civil Rights Law Review.
Prior to joining Gay Chacker & Mittin in 2015, Mr. Medina was an associate with a law firm located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. During law school, Mr. Medina was a summer associate at Archer & Greiner, P.C. and completed an internship with the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office.
In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his wife and family in Cherry Hill, NJ and playing golf.
- Member, Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Associate Member, Temple American Inn of Court
- Member, Philadelphia Lawyers Club
- Member, Philadelphia Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Fellow, Philadelphia Diversity Law Group
Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Federal District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Contributor, “Limiting the Scope of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.” The New Jersey Law Journal, 2012.